Dear Joplin Peace Family,
It is a high priority to make our church a safe, secure place for you and your family to worship. Due to the ongoing concern about the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we believe it is prudent to exercise caution in a number of ways.
The spread of illnesses like the flu and the coronavirus is something we take seriously. In addition to the strong safety measures we normally follow, we’re taking extra precautions during this time to help keep you and your family safe and healthy. These measures include the following procedures:
- We sanitize our classrooms and toys after every service. Additionally, we’ll be wiping down high traffic areas like door handles.
- The entire facility will be thoroughly cleaned after each service or event.
- The coffee bar baristas will serve only pre-packaged items.
- We’re providing hand-sanitizing stations. Since these items are in short supply, you may want to begin bringing your own in case we run out and are unable to purchase more.
- We will prop open the sanctuary doors to prevent the spread of germs on door handles.
- Our team is closely following news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about best practices to contain the spread of the coronavirus. We’ll continue to update our policies and procedures with the latest information and communicate with you as necessary.
- We have issued a formal call to prayer. Regularly scheduled corporate prayer times will remain in effect until further notice.
- We will continue to receive tithe and offerings during our regularly scheduled services. We are in the process of arranging an online giving option in the event that corporate services are suspended.
- In the event that corporate worship services are suspended, Pastor will post videos of sermons and Bible studies online for your home viewing.
- Of course, we need your help, too. Here’s what you can do to keep yourself and others safe and healthy:
- Avoid skin contact. While we love giving hugs, handshakes, and high-fives, try giving a big smile or friendly wave instead.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with your sleeve or a tissue.
- Wash your hands often in warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds and encourage your entire family to do the same. Our teachers will ask children to wash their hands if they visit the restroom while they’re in our care.
- Use hand sanitizer often.
- If you desire to observe a “social distance”, please feel free to sit anywhere in the sanctuary seating.
- If you’ve been exposed to a person with the coronavirus or have recently traveled out of the country where you might have been exposed, please take a couple of weeks off from attending church.
- If you or your family members are experiencing, or have recently experienced symptoms associated with the flu or the common cold (fever, persistent cough, headache, chills, or unexplained rash), we ask that you stay home from church for a couple of weeks.
- If you need to stay home from church, please let Pastor Frank know. We want everyone to stay connected to what the Lord is doing in our church.
- Please make sure Pastor Frank has your current contact information so that we can stay in touch.
Together, we can do our best to make our church a safe place for everyone.
Know God. Know Peace.
Frank Buchanan II